Are you a stylist, fashion designer or do you work in the fashion business industry? Are you looking to expand your skills in styling or the business of fashion?
Then here is the opportunity of a lifetime – From April 2nd to May 2nd, 2014 British Council Nigeria and Lagos Fashion and Design Week invite all who want to study in London – the capital of modern fashion industry, to compete for great prizes!
Istituto Marangoni London in collaboration with British Council Nigeria and Style House Files (Producers of Lagos Fashion and Design Week) have announced a competition for new designers, owners of boutiques, brand managers, and all who are interested in the fashion industry.
If you are interested in fashion or already working in the industry then we invite you to take part in the competition“Your Fashion Head Start” and compete for a great prize – a three-week training course in the Basics of Fashion Business short course or Basics of Fashion Image & Styling short course at the famous Istituto Marangoni London campus.
Requirements for the competition are as follows:
1. Age 18 years and above
2. Citizenship of Nigeria and must be resident in Nigeria
3. Knowledge of English
4. Valid passport
5. Contact details – phone, e-mail, as well as age and place of residence
Two lucky individuals will get the opportunity to win a fabulous prize of a 3-week training course at Istituto Marangoni London in either:
1. Basics of Fashion Business short course
2. Basics of Fashion Image & Styling short course
The Winner of the Image and Styling Course may also get the opportunity to style for Lagos Fashion and design week 2014.
Possible dates of training are:
1. From 30 June to 18 July 2014;
2. From July 21 – August 8, 2014;
3. August 18 – September 5, 2014
Travel dates will be agreed with the winner. Winners will be notified by email.
Please note that the following are not included in the Scholarships. Visa costs, flight tickets, transfer to/from the airport (in Lagos and London), transfer to Lagos for non-resident winners, meals during the period of training, insurance and accommodation, the prize winners will need to cover these costs independently.
If you would like to win this fantastic prize and study in the fashion capital of the world please download Application Form, fill out the form attached and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
Istituto Marangoni was founded in 1935 in Milan as “Istituto Artistico dell’Abbigliamento Marangoni”. It now has the education of four generations of students from five continents to its credit and has launched over 40,000 professionals in fashion and luxury, such as DomenicoDolce (Dolce & Gabbana) and Franco Moschino. Istituto Marangoni currently educates 2,500 students per year from 92 countries at its five schools which are located in Milano (fashion and design), Paris, London and Shanghai, the international capitals of fashion, design and luxury. Its educational offering, broad and articulated, consists of undergraduate courses (preparatory, three-year, one-year intensive),postgraduate courses (preparatory and one-year master’s) and short courses. In January 2014 the new Istituto Marangoni School of Design opened in Milano, on Via Cerva, close to the current location of the School of Fashion.
Rules and Regulations:
· The right to receive a prize cannot be transferred to another person. Organizer will not be liable in the case of the recipient failing to partake in the course due to the lack of required documents (passport, etc.).
· Prize winners can be chosen from all entries within 1 month from the date of the publication of the results on the Contest site at British Council’s Study in the UK Facebook page and Style House Files websites.
· Payment of the monetary equivalent of the prize is not made.
· Participation in the Competition signifies acceptance from the Participant in the following events
· In an interview, including radio, television, and in other media.
· The use of his images (photographs, etc.) by the organizer of the contest for promotional purposes.
· Permission to use the winner’s full name (first and last names of his/her family) by the Organizer of the Contest for promotional purposes without further payment.
· All copyrights on the promotional materials referred to in the aforementioned paragraph of Rules and Regulations will belong to the organizer.
Click here for more details