Lagos Fashion Week (LagosFW) is a fashion platform that drives the Nigerian and ultimately, the African fashion industry; by bringing together buyers, consumers and the media to view the current collections of designers at a four (4) day event in the fashion capital of Lagos, Nigeria.
As a leading fashion event on the African fashion calendar, LagosFW leads the way with initiatives that supports, strengthens and develops the fashion industry. Beyond the runway, the annual event provides a physical platform that’s gradually repositioning fashion as a useful tool for commerce and creativity in Nigeria.
- Runway Shows and Presentations featuring new season collections from designers;
- Fashion Focus Africa – talent discovery initiative that creates access to Fashion Focus Fund, knowledge transfer, information exchange, networking opportunities and access to market;
- Fashion Business Series to facilitate conversations with key players from the Nigerian and Pan African industries and beyond, as a useful tool for exchanging ideas, networking and developing the fashion industry.
- Green Access – Talent discovery with a vision to encourage designers to create social, economic and environmentally sustainable fashion brands
- Visual Makers Fellowship – Created to empower budding filmmakers and photographers with workshops and masterclasses
- LagosFW Showrooms – Access to shop some of your favorite fashion brands.
- After parties – an opportunity to experience Lagos’ night life and connect with some of Africa’s finest creatives in a relaxed environment.
Lagos, the LagosFW host city is an attraction itself. A metropolitan island that’s home to 17.5 to 20million people, features an interesting mix of people, culture and is fast becoming the melting pot for creative talents and business in Africa.
Participants, designers and visitors alike can expect a diversified and interactive platform to maximize their exposure within and beyond their industry circle and open gateways for more business opportunities.